Saturday, February 16, 2008

Catch up day

In the midst of being concerned for those I know who attend Northern Illinois University over the past couple days, I put off posting some of these things until today. Please pray for that campus.

  • Back in the early 1990's, a young assistant coach in the Big 10 blew the whistle of recruiting violations involving Dion Thomas and the Fighting Illini basketball team. That coach went on to be one of the more popular coaches today. He is Bruce Pearl. Illini fans still don't like him, but they like him more than the Cheater In Loosierville. Well, I think my fellow Illini will have the last laugh after all, with the news involving Mr. Cheater a.k.a. Kelvin Sampson. Here's thinking Eric Gordon is the blacked out name in this smackdown from the NCAA.
  • The sweetest words in February aren't "Happy Valentine's Day!" or "Happy Birthday Matt!" No, my friends, they are simply these: PITCHERS AND CATCHERS REPORT! The White Sox will finish at least 3rd, and the Rockies won't need an improbable run to get to the postseason. However, Mr. Dempster makes me laugh. Keep dreaming, Cubdom!

No comments: